Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Uniform Dressing!

And by this, I don't mean wearing a uniform to work or school.  Although I do sometimes think it would be easier to wear a uniform and not have to worry about "what to wear", but then I think, who am I kidding, I would totally miss putting outfits together!!
Anyways getting back on track here, what I mean by uniform dressing is creating your own personal style uniform.  Still confused?  Its a concept that's been around for ages - always wearing a variation of the same outfit.  Some of you may do it without even realizing it!
The reasons for uniform dressing can be many.  Some prefer the simplicity of it.  Knowing you're gonna wear jeans and a white shirt every day would certainly eliminate the stress of choosing an outfit every day.
Others prefer to dress this way for the impression it gives.  Think of it as personal branding.  What you choose to wear, day in, day out, definitely says something about you.  It could be that you're just too lazy to choose outfits (HA!); Or too busy; Or you could be saying that you're loyal, committed, or consistent.
Whatever the reasons, there's something to be said about it.  I mean Steve Jobs wore a black turtleneck and jeans every day, and he was a genius!
Taking a look at myself, I don't consciously choose to dress uniformly, however I do see a pattern in my choices.  I like to experiment and try different things, but I do stick to what I like, and what looks good on me, so I guess that's my uniform!
Do you find yourself dressing in a "uniform"?  Leave a comment and let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment