Friday, 9 October 2015

Faux-pas Fridays

Faux-pas Fridays is a new weekly post I'm starting in which every week I'll talk about a different fashion "faux pas" or "pet peeve" that just kinda bugs me. 
Now I'm the first to admit to making many fashion mistakes myself, so just keep in mind, this is all in good fun and is meant to be humorous :)


Todays post is about women who wear their pants too short for their shoes!   Have you seen these culprits?!  You see it often, a woman with a great pair of pants or jeans on, but they're 3 inches shorter than they should be!  Whenever I see it, it makes me cringe want to politely advise the lovely lady of her hemline issue, but I manage to stop myself !! LOL


Listen up girls, if you buy a pair of boot-cut or flared jeans, and they're the perfect length with your ballet flats, they are NOT going to be long enough to wear with your heeled boots!  They will look too short, and that is not flattering!
And the same applies for dressier pants.  If you're going to wear them at work with pumps, please please please buy them (or get them hemmed) to the correct length. 
Just to clarify, the perfect length is when your pants almost skim the ground, essentially covering your shoes (And for us shorter girls, this is a great way to add the illusion of height!).  Or stick to skinny jeans/pants, and you don't have to worry about the length issue at all!
Leave me a comment and let me know what your fashion pet peeves are!!


No comments:

Post a Comment