Tuesday, 20 October 2015

Dressing "Up" For the Office!!

Oh the joys of choosing an outfit for work!!  Many workplaces (mine included) have a "business casual" dress code which offers just enough leeway to create some fabulous, fun looks.  My goal when choosing my outfits for work is to look professional, but not boring.
I tend to stray from the traditional route of pantsuits or skirt suits.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with them, and when they're done right, they can look great.  For me personally, I find them a little dull, and prefer sticking to separates or dresses.  With separates (pants, skirts, blazers, shirts, sweaters), you have the option of mixing up fabrics and prints and colours to create a unique look.  For example, you could pair grey pants with a pale pink sweater, add a long necklace and some pumps; or a mix a black pencil skirt with a printed top like I did here. 

And dresses make life so easy;  Just add a few extras like I did today with my bright pink blazer and peep-toe booties, and you've got yourself an easy, professional and pretty outfit!
This blazer is from Dynamite and the dress is from TJ Maxx!

Its easy to incorporate some fun into your work wardrobe.  And its important to remember that it should be professional with a touch of fun, not the other way around!  I'm not looking to get anyone fired here!!  LOL!
What're your favorite outfits for work?  I'd love to hear :)

No comments:

Post a Comment