Monday, 26 October 2015

Blanket Scarf Obsession!

It seems that blanket scarves are taking the street style world by storm.  They are everywhere this season, and I'm loving it!  I was gifted this beauty from Aritzia last year, and I was immediately obsessed.  Only problem was that blanket scarves weren't so widespread last year, and I felt a little odd wearing mine.  I loved the fluffy coziness of it, but I feared that people would think I was actually wearing a blanket around my neck! (Actually my husband still thinks that, but that's ok, haha!)
Fast forward to this year, and blanket scarves are all the rage.  My Instagram feed is filled with stylish women wearing them in all sorts of colours and patterns, and even all around me, I'm seeing them being worn many different ways.


There are endless tutorials online to show you how to wear a blanket scarf (just google it), so I won't get into that here.  This is my favorite way, all bundled up around the neck.  A close favorite is just messily thrown over my neck/shoulders which gives a more undone, layered look.




When you're picking out your scarf, one thing to be aware of is the material.  It has to be thick enough to be fluffy (just like a blanket!), but if you get one that's too thick or structured, it won't sit right.  I made that mistake last year, and bought a beautiful printed one from H&M, but it was far too thick and stiff to wear as a scarf, so now I use it as an actual blanket!




Are you joining the blanket scarf obsession?  What are your favorite ways to wear it?  I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment