Sunday, 20 September 2015

Back to the Basics

Now that the temperature has officially fallen into the teens, my flip flops no longer have a reserved spot on the shoe rack.  The boots have taken over!!
My OOTD today was all about layering, which is so perfect for Fall dressing.  Having key basic pieces in your closet is so important.  Start with a great-fitting pair of skinnies, add a longer, flowy top, and finish off with boots.  I went with these new ankle boots I just got from Walmart.  They are so comfy, look great, and were only $24.97!!
Rag & Bone jeans from Nordstrom Rack

If you're going with ankle boots over knee-high boots, make sure your jeans are nicely fitted through the calf area.  Nothing looks sloppier than boot-cut jeans being forced into boots.  I finished off my look with this new olive-coloured jacket from Dynamite (I'm so loving it!), and my polka dot scarf from Jacob.

Any variation of this outfit works great; mix up the colours, add some bright colours or prints, or go with higher boots.  Whatever you choose, you'll look perfectly put-together :)


No comments:

Post a Comment