Thursday, 20 August 2015

Culottes- love 'em or hate 'em?

When I first saw that culottes were coming back for the spring/summer season, I was equal parts excited and skeptical!  Excited because I do love a fun trend, and will try almost anything, but skeptical because I wasn't so sure how wearing the culotte would be perceived in my world.

In magazines, on the models and celebs who I first saw them on, they looked fabulous, so I put the skepticism aside and began my hunt for the perfect pair.   And boy did I have to hunt!  In the early months of this year, when I walked into a store and asked if they had culottes, the salespeople looked confused!  I went to all my usual haunts, but found nothing until I finally found this great black pair at Ross of all places (told ya, you never know where you're gonna find what you're looking for!)

Once I had them in hand (or in closet), it then became a matter of working up the courage to wear them in public.  No one I knew was rocking the trend yet (some were as confused as the salesgirls!), but I figured I may as well go for it, and I'm so glad I did!  They are super comfy, and a great alternative to a midi-length skirt.

And if anyone's confused as to what I'm wearing, they haven't told me!

These ones are a little longer than I'd like (since I'm on the shorter side), but pairing them with nude heels creates a taller look.


No comments:

Post a Comment