Saturday, 22 August 2015

Bring it on!!

I know its difficult saying goodbye to the leisurely days and warm temps of summer (and we don't have to quite yet!) but I choose to focus on all the fun fall fashion we get to wear (believe me, it takes the sting out of summer ending).



There's something about this time of year that feels like a fresh start.  Even though I haven't personally been a part of the whole "back to school" thing for a looooonng time, I sure would love to partake in some "back to school" shopping for myself... does it count if my kids are going back? ;)



After a summer of wearing dresses and sandals and flip flops on repeat, I'm kinda looking forward to wearing boots, and scarves, and sweaters! 
And this year for the fall, the whole 70s thing is still BIG!  Think flare leg jeans or pants, funky patterns and colors (brown is big--- not quite sure how I feel about that :|). 
Also chunky sweaters for fall, wear them fitted or oversized, just be sure to balance the bottom; for example, if you're going for an oversized fit, pair it with skinnies and ankle boots.



Now I'm not one to get into trends too much.  If there's one that really speaks to me, I'll likely give it a try.  But for the most part, I stick to what I like and what looks good on me.  What will I be buying?  Definitely a long sleeveless vest (been eyeing that trend for awhile), a slouch trench, and I think I'll be pulling out some of those flares jeans I have tucked away!




Have fun with choosing some new fall pieces for your closet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment