Thursday, 27 August 2015

Accesorizing the right way.. for you!

When it comes to accessories, I tend to stick with the "less is more" rule.  I definitely admire the women who can make an arm full of bangles look effortless or those who can wear 5 different necklaces layered perfectly together with no tangles!  I love the look, but it's just not for me.

I've pretty much come up with an accessories formula that works for me.  I tend to wear a statement ring on my right hand, something that stands out due to the colour, style or size.  On my wrists, I go with a watch on my left, and some bracelets on my right (3 or 4 max).  As for necklaces, I usually stick to 1, either a short or long one, but I have also worn both for a layered look.  On the earring front, I'm pretty boring, same studs 99% of the time.  And that seems to be my accessory uniform.

Necklace and ring from H&M


Up until recently, I've been more of a silver girl, but lately I've been warming up to gold and even mixing the two.  Add in some beads and bling, and that's my jewelry stock.  Because I change it up daily, I don't spend a lot on my jewelry (Tiffany is for special occasions only!! LOL).  I'll buy from H&M, Forever 21, Stella & Dot... anywhere really, as long as it catches my eye, and doesn't break the budget.

I'm also big on scraves and love love love the oversize, shawl-type ones (even though my husband thinks they're blankets!).  They're so cozy and just tossing them on can complete an outfit.

What's your accessory uniform?  I'd love to hear how you all rock your accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment